What does better together mean?
What you can expect from us
- A safe affordable home
- A tenancy for life, if that’s what you want
- Staff and contractors to be polite and respectful
- A repairs service and ongoing programme of improvements
- Out-of-hours services for reporting emergency repairs
- A range of ways to contact us, including a self-service portal
- Clear advice and information about our services
- Information on how to move if your circumstances change
- An opportunity to get involved and help shape our services
- Clear information on how we’re performing
What we can expect from you in return
- To be polite and respectful towards all staff and contractors. We don’t tolerate any abusive behaviour and we can take action against your tenancy.
- To be respectful and mindful of your neighbours and community.
- To ask permission if you want to own a pet. Our new pet procedure deals with requests on a case-by-case basis. You can submit a form easily online.
- To let us know if you’re struggling to pay rent, we have FREE and impartial support services that can help you.
- To make sure your property is clean and tidy, including your garden. If you are struggling
with this let us know.
- To use the recycling facilities available to you. Making sure you use the correct bins and do not fly-tip.
- To not litter or cause any mess in communal areas.
- To be at least one month in advance with your rent. You can speak to our income team if you’re not sure about this.
What happens if I can't stick to it?
We’re here for you
If you have any issues sticking to any parts of the Better Together policy then please get in touch, we can help and support you with any issues and can work with you to find a solution.
- We will always try to work with you first, but if you don’t stick to the Better Together policy we can give you a tenancy warning, also known as a tenancy breach.
- If things continue or don’t improve we could take further legal action against you.