Yes, as long as you're over 18 years old.
We work hard to make sure our homes and communities are great places to live, so if you have convictions for certain offences, history of nuisance, violence or anti-social behaviour or large housing debt you may not be able to join us at the moment.
We'll need to see original (not photocopied) documents to confirm who you are and that you are eligible to rent a home. These include:
- Birth certificate
- Driving licence
- National Identity Card
- Immigration status documents
- Benefits entitlement letters
Average 2019 rent prices...
- One bedroom home - £70.19 per week or £304.16 pcm
- Two bedroom home - £80.22 per week or £347.62 pcm
- Three bedroom home - £90.12 per week or £390.52 pcm
- Four bedroom home - £105.66 per week or £457.86 pcm
Don't forget every home is different so you may pay slightly more or less than our average rent.
There's lots of different ways to pay your rent such as direct debit, over the phone and popping into the office.
No, but you do have to pay one month's rent in advance. Talk to us about ways to do this if you haven’t got the money up-front.
A local lettings policy is an overall plan for lettings on an estate or scheme. It makes sure that the homes are lived in by the people the scheme was designed for and that the scheme is sustainable. What we mean by this is that our housing schemes have a healthy mix of residents, including those who can manage independently as well as those who need help to maintain their independence.
Examples of local lettings policies include:
- A rural development where priority may be given to applicants with family or employment connections to that area (because of the shortage of suitable rented homes in the area)
- An extra care housing scheme for older people, where care and support is provided, to achieve a mix of tenants of different ages and support needs. This would be to encourage a vibrant and sustainable community of people who have a range of ages and abilities to live together.
- A scheme of flats where there are a number of people with support needs we would look to balance the community by promoting some homes to residents who are much more independent and able to manage their tenancies with little involvement from Staffs Housing
If you have any questions about local letting policies give us a call on 01782 744533