Home contents insurance

Family High Fiving In Kitchen

Why do I need it?

If you are a tenant who rents, it is unlikely your landlord will cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen.


My Home Contents Insurance Scheme

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Staffs Housing have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a Tenants Contents Insurance policy designed for tenants living in social housing.

The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

Find out more about My Home Contents Insurance Scheme
Alternate Text

How do I find out more?


Limits and exclusions apply. A copy of the policy wording is available on request.

The National Housing Federation works in partnership with Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Firm Reference Number 310419. 

Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group. Find their Data Protection Privacy Policy online at www.thistleinsurance.co.uk/Privacy-Policy

It is important to protect your belongings and your landlord suggests that you look for providers who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Thistle Insurance Services is a company that specialises in social housing contents insurance, however, there are also other providers that can be found on comparison websites like Money Supermarket or Compare the Market.

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size