Shared Ownership application form
Don’t forget to send over your supporting evidence after submitting this form.
Your supporting evidence should include our budget check list (download a copy here), mortgage in principle, three months salary slips, three months bank statements, two proofs of identification (passport, driving license, birth certificate, utility bill) and a reference from your current landlord.
We process and hold your information in order to provide services to you.
Why do we collect information about you?
We need to collect and hold information about you, in order to:
• deliver services
• confirm your identity to provide some services
• contact you by post, email or telephone
• obtain your opinion about our services
• update your customer record
• process financial transactions
• prevent and detect fraud and corruption in the use of public funds
• make sure we meet our statutory obligations including those related to diversity and equalities.
We will process your information for the following purposes:
• the performance of our contract with you
• to provide the services you requested, and to monitor and improve our performance in providing those services
• to enable us to investigate any complaints
• to ensure that we meet our legal obligations
• to prevent and detect fraud or crime
• to process financial transactions including grants, payments and benefits involving SHA, or where we are acting on behalf of government bodies, e.g. Department for Work and Pensions, Homes England.
• to collect monies owed to us
We will not pass any personal data on to third parties, without your consent, other than those who either process information on our behalf, or because of a legal requirement, and it we will only do so, where possible, after we have ensured that sufficient steps have been taken to protect the personal data by the recipient.
We may need to pass relevant information about you to other people and organisations involved in providing our services to you. These providers are obliged to keep your details securely, and use them only to fulfil your request. If we wish to pass your sensitive or confidential information onto a third party, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do so.
We may disclose information to other partners without consent where it is necessary, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under the Data Protection Act.
Where we need to disclose sensitive or confidential information such as medical details to other partners, we will do so only with your prior explicit consent or where we are legally required to and only relevant information will be shared.
At no time will your information be passed to organisations external to us and our partners, for marketing or sales purposes or for any commercial use.
How we protect your information
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we won’t ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. The information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to make sure it can’t be seen, accessed or disclosed to anyone who shouldn’t see it. We will try to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
• You have the right to request that SHA stop processing your personal data, but this may cause delays or prevent us delivering a service to you. Where possible we will seek to comply with your request but we may be required to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
• You are legally entitled to request access to any information about you that we hold, and to be provided with a copy.
• We try to ensure that any information we hold about you is correct. There may be situations where you find the information we hold is no longer accurate and you have the right to have this corrected.
Please contact our Data Protection Coordinator to exercise any of these rights, or if you have a complaint about how your information has been used.