Should I make a complaint?
If you feel like we haven't lived up to our promises we'd like you to let us know. Get in touch if you think we;
- Haven't done what we said we could do
- Have done something you think we shouldn't have,
- We haven't followed our policies and procedures correctly,
- You feel we haven't treated you well.
How do I make a complaint?
There's a couple of different ways to make a complaint, you can;
What happens when I make a complaint?
- We will ask for your name, address and contact details although we are happy to deal with anonymous complaints if you prefer.
- We will also ask for as much information as possible to make sure we can take the best action possible.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days. If you aren't satisfied with the response we can then forward this to our internal complaints process.
What is the complaints process?
This is a three stage process for making sure we resolve your complaint.
Stage one - we'll let you know we have received your complaint and tell you which team or manager is looking into it. We usually do this within 10 working days.
Stage two - if you aren't satisfied with what we've said you can appeal to the director of the service. It's best to put your appeal in writing, if you need help doing this give us a call on 01782 744533. We'll write to you within 10 working days.
Stage three - if we're still unable to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction you can refer your complaint to a designated person or the Housing Ombudsman who will review the complaint and determine if your complaint has been dealt with fairly.