The body which represents housing associations in England has set out eight commitments, to make sure you are listened to and have greater opportunities to influence decisions made about your home and services we provide.
The National Housing Federation (NHF) is asking for your opinion on their draft plan, called ‘Together with Tenants’.
The eight commitments are:
- Every tenant has the right to be treated with respect.
- Every tenant has the right to a decent, safe home and quality service.
- Every tenant has the right to be listened to and have their view heard on decisions that affect their community, home and the services they get.
- Every tenant has the right to know how the organisation is run, how decisions are made, and how they can get involved.
- Collectively, tenants have the right to influence decisions that affect their community, home and the services they receive.
- Every tenant will have simple, clear and accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and seeking redress.
- Every tenant will receive support and advice when things go wrong or their expectations aren’t met.
- Every tenant will have access to the information they need to make informed decisions and hold their landlord to account.
We believe that we already have a wide range of ways you can get involved and influence our services, but we want to do even more to listen to your views and make sure that our services and plans are designed to meet the needs of you and our local communities.