Transferring to another SHA home

If you’re not happy with your Staffordshire Housing Association (SHA) home or it does not suit your needs, you can apply to transfer to another SHA home.

The first thing to do is contact your housing officer or scheme-based worker.

We will visit you to discuss what you are looking for and to check that your home is in good decorative order and that you are complying with the terms of your tenancy agreement and our Fair Deal.

If everything is ok and your rent account is paid in full and one month in advance, we will give you a transfer registration form to fill in.

Once you have registered, each week you will get a vacancy sheet with a list of vacancies. Then, if you see a home you’d like to transfer to, you can register your interest in that home if you meet the suitability criteria.

We carry out transfers in line with our usual lettings policy. If you would like to know more about this, just ask.