Anti-social behaviour (ASB)

We hope that you will never have to experience problems with your neighbours, but sometimes you may experience behaviour from neighbours which you consider to be unreasonable or unacceptable.

There are different types of anti-social behaviour (ASB), including:

  • Hate crimes
  • Domestic violence
  • Noise nuisance
  • Misuse of communal areas
  • Vehicle and parking issues
  • Untidy gardens

How to report ASB

Click here to report ASB online, or call 01782 744533 during office hours to speak to someone.

Useful leaflets

Unfortunately some things we can not deal with for you, but we can point you in the direction of someone who may help.

What you can do

If you are upset by your neighbours behaviour approach them if you feel comfortable. Often our neighbours do not realise they are causing a disturbance, especially if they have recently moved in.

What happens after a report of ASB?

When a complaint is made we need the following information:

  • The name and address of the person the complaint is about.
  • Details of what happened: be as clear as possible about the time it happened and what was said/done.
  • Tell us how this affected you and your family and how it made you feel.

Witness support

We will discuss and agree any support you may need. We will work other agencies to support any witnesses throughout the case.

Supporting perpetrators

The person the complaint is about may also need support – they may need help to live independently or help with other issues.