How to get a home
There are three steps to getting a home:
- Print off an Application Form, fill it in and get it back to us.
- We will contact you and give you an application reference number. Keep this safe as you will need it later.
- If you have not had your own tenancy before, we might ask you to come to a ‘tenancy workshop’ at this point.
- We will email you a list of vacancies every week. If you are interested in any of them, you need to express your interest (‘bid’) for them by the closing date.
- On the closing date, we look at all the expressions of interest we have received for each property. We normally give first refusal to the person who has been registered with us the longest, but sometimes we give priority to someone who needs a home urgently.
- Arrange a viewing
- Confirm the information on your application form is still correct
- Confirm you meet the suitability criteria for the property
- Carry out an affordability assessment and benefit entitlement check
- Check your identification documents
- Give you more information about the property
- Discuss any help you might need with moving in
- Talk to you about being a Staffordshire Housing Association tenant
- Pay a month’s rent upfront before you move in