Are your home contents insured?

Sometimes things don't always go to plan, that's why it's always useful to insure your home and possessions, so you're safe no matter the circumstances.

Family High Fiving In Kitchen

Why do I need to insure my home?

Our tenancy agreement doesn't cover you for damage or loss to your possessions, so should the worst happen, you might be out of pocket. 

So it's usually a good idea to make sure you have home contents insurance, but it's entirely up to you whether you choose to buy insurance. 

We, like many other housing associations, have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Ageas Insurance Limited who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, which covers you for items in your home such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments. You can find out more about insuring your contents through the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme by watching this short video. 

You don't have to use this insurance scheme. In fact, you can use any of the well-known providers such as Money Super Market, Compare the Market or


My Home Contents Insurance Scheme

Want to find out more about this scheme? 

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Colour contrast Contrast
Font size Text size